CORPORATE GOVERNANCE« Back
The purpose of the Audit Committee (the “Committee”) is to represent and assist the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of CDW Corporation (the “Company”) in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities to:
- Monitor the integrity of the Company’s accounting and financial reporting processes and systems of internal controls regarding finance, accounting and legal compliance.
- Monitor the independence and performance of the Company’s independent auditor (the “Independent Auditor”) and oversee the audit process.
- Direct the scope and monitor the performance of the Company’s Business Process Assurance (the “BPA”) function (internal audit).
- Provide an avenue of communication among the Independent Auditor, management, the coworker or third party provider responsible for leading the BPA function (the “BPA Lead”), the coworker responsible for leading the ethics and compliance function (the “E&C Lead”), the coworker responsible for leading the enterprise risk management function (the “ERM Lead”) and the Board of Directors.
- Otherwise carry out the duties and responsibilities set forth in this Charter and such other responsibilities and duties that the Board may assign.
While the Committee has been given certain duties and responsibilities pursuant to this Charter, the Committee is not responsible for guaranteeing the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements or the quality of the Company’s accounting practices and internal controls. The fundamental responsibility for the Company’s financial statements and disclosures rests with management. The Independent Auditor is responsible for auditing the Company’s financial statements and disclosures. To the extent that procedures included in this Charter go beyond what is required of an audit committee by existing law and regulation, such procedures are meant to serve as guidelines rather than inflexible rules and the Committee is encouraged to adopt such different or additional procedures as it deems necessary from time to time.
Approved by the Board of Directors on December 19, 2017
- Financial Expert
- Independent Director